Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva is a work anywhere company. You can work at home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Payroll Supervisor – Europe (Remote)
We are looking to add a dedicated Payroll Supervisor to our European Finance team. This will be an individual contributor role and the ideal candidate will have a strong desire to learn, is motivated, disciplined, a problem-solver, with strong communications skills and an excellent customer service approach. The position requires strong analytical skills and the ability to handle extensive coordination across multiple internal customers and third-party payroll service providers in many different countries.
What You'll Do
- Coordinate with payroll service providers for the monthly processing of payroll across all European locations.
- Respond timely and professionally to all employee payroll-related inquiries.
- Communicate professionally and regularly with payroll service providers in international locations to ensure timely, accurate processing, and according to local requirements.
- Research and propose a resolution of any data conflicts that impact payroll processing.
- Communicate irregularities or issues to the Finance Director.
- Review/Assist with processing special equity payrolls for RSU or stock options.
- Assist the accounting team with any month-end closing processes.
- Collect and provide reports and other supporting documentation for internal and/or external audit/SOX preparation.
- Ensure leave balances are accurately recorded and reported.
- Regularly review payroll processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and reliability.
- Assist with the planning and execution of projects to streamline payroll processes
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or another business-related field
- 5+ years experience with payroll processing and management for 800+ employees
- Strong customer service mentality and approach
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills in English
- Acts with a strong sense of urgency and ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Discretion and the ability to appropriately manage confidential data
- Possess a collaborative mindset
Nice to Have
- Experience with global payroll applications
- Familiarity with HRIS platforms
- System implementation experience
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world. Veeva is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and growing a diverse workforce. Diversity makes us stronger. It comes in many forms. Gender, race, ethnicity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, age, disability and life experience shape us all into unique individuals. We value people for the individuals they are and the contributions they can bring to our teams.