Payroll Benefits Assistant
The Shared Services Centre (SSC) recommends and administers process management and procedures that need to be executed effectively; ensures the management of quality assurance activities associated with the transactional processes and implementation of service delivery; continuously improves the satisfaction of its customers, internal or external, while pursuing a continuous improvement agenda that will drive up service excellence while driving down the costs of service delivery through process standardization, process automation and self-service capabilities.
The post is located in the Shared Services Centre (SSC) in Budapest, Hungary.
The Payroll Benefits Assistant plays a lead role in the coordination of payroll and benefits support services for the unit. He/she performs a broad range of activities requiring in-depth analysis and interpretation of relevant policies, procedures and practices. The incumbent provides procedural guidance to managers and staff.
The Payroll Benefits Assistant reports to the Payroll Benefits Officer. Work is performed autonomously, showing a high degree of initiative and independent judgement. Supervision received is focused on facilitating service delivery. The incumbent provides guidance and training to programme support staff in the division or office.
The Payroll Benefits Assistant maintains a wide range of contacts with managers, staff and stakeholders inside and outside the unit. The incumbent collaborates closely with colleagues in other offices and the corporate services, ensuring the quality and consistency of payroll and benefits support services.
- Prepare and verify inputs to the monthly payroll process (e.g. batch element entries, one-off entitlement, overtime [O/T] and night differential [N/D], etc.) including the details of the interfaces with other systems in the Organization (e.g. AP and Credit Union recoveries), working directly with the responsible requesting unit to ensure smooth, efficient processing;
- Participate in testing, documenting and implementing eligibility and rate calculation changes (fast Formulas) to the various entitlements supported by the Organization's payroll system. Execute database queries and payroll assurance reports to identify discrepancies and report findings back to the supervisor;
- Monitor and ensure the timely clearance of advances by preparing payroll recoveries as one of the inputs to the monthly payroll process or by contacting the field offices (or ex-employees) where necessary;
- Supervise the maintenance of up-to-date Payroll Rates Tables such as Salary Scales, Post Adjustment Classifications, Country/Duty Stations Classifications, Pay Factors, Location, etc.;
- Perform specific exceptions actions (e.g. data corrections, overrides, retroactive actions) related to the HR system providing support to user on HR related queries for issues arising through the use of the system;
- Execute the Payroll and Oracle Advanced Benefits standard procedures;
- Reconcile payroll related clearing accounts;
- Respond to employees' enquiries on payroll related matters;
- Perform other related duties, as required.
Impact of Work
The incumbent's work impacts directly on the smooth and efficient operations of systems support activities of the unit. He/she plays a lead role in the coordination and provision of the support services for the successful achievement of the unit's mandate
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education
Experience: Four years of systems support experience, including experience in payroll and in working with database applications, using Access or other database query products
Languages: Working knowledge (proficient - level C) of English. Please remember to upload your existing certification or proof of fluency at the time of the application.
IT Skills: Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. "Commuting distance" means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
- Results focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and continuous improvement
- Very good knowledge of corporate computerized financial/travel/human resources systems
- Very good knowledge of database applications using Access or other database query products
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- Limited knowledge (intermediate - level B) of other FAO official languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese) would be an asset.
- Experience with the Human Resources Management System/Payroll applications of an Enterprise Resource Programme.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
- The length of the appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to extension of appointments
- Selected candidates need to reside within commuting distance from the FAO office. "Commuting distance" means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence
- No international benefits will be payable as selected candidates are recruited locally and paid in the local currency of the office location
- Other similar positions may be filled from this vacancy notice
- For additional information visit the FAO employment website.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered.
- HR, Human Relations
- Payroll Assistance, Social Insurance Assistance
- Business Supporting Centres
- Financial Support
- Finance, Accounting
- Financial Assistant
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, clock on the "Jelentkezem" button and complete your online profile. Once completed, please apply and submit your application, with language certificates as attachments. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providersand/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications. FAO reserves the right to request candidates to undertake a language test in the future, as appropriate.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT