The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Shared Services Centre (SSC) in Budapest is looking for new members to join its team.
The SSC provides support to all FAO offices worldwide on administrative processes in
- Human resources contracting and servicing,
- Finance (accounts payables),
- Travel servicing,
- Vendor database maintenance,
- Assets and inventory management as well as
- User support on FAO's administrative resource management system.
We offer a consultancy based personal services agreement (PSA) contract, initially for 6 months with a possibility of extension. You should hold the right to reside in Hungary at the time of application.
The HR Assistant would coordinate and perform the full range of human resources support functions by
- ensuring quality, transparency and consistency of data and processes within your area of responsibility and contributes to the smooth functioning of human resources operations;
- operating independently and taking decisions on work priorities, exercising initiative for dealing with cases without precedents and finding solutions to problems after discussion with supervisor;
- providing guidance and advise to other human resources support staff;
- receiving guidance from a Human Resources Associate. Supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs, in particular the meeting of timelines and the quality of advice given to clients.
- Analyze, answer and follow-up on a variety of complex human resources requests and enquiries from staff and non-staff; provide guidance on relevant human resources guidelines and procedures;
- Coordinate support services related to the employment and servicing of staff; initiate a range of personnel actions such as appointments, extensions, and transfers;
- Support the briefing and de-briefing of staff, provide information as to staff entitlements and specificities of contracts;
- Collect and research background information; update organization charts and staffing tables; draft correspondence, reports and statistics related to all human resources functions as appropriate;
- Review, maintain and update confidential personnel information, records and files; ensure completeness and accuracy of records and that follow-up system on actions are taken;
- Investigate and resolve payment inquiries in collaboration with finance staff; prepare payment instructions;
- Train and provide guidance to other human resources support staff in the work unit;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Education: Secondary School Education
- Experience: Four years of relevant experience in administrative and human resources support work
- Languages: Working knowledge (Level C) of English
- IT Skills: Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment. Knowledge of Oracle ERP application or similar software would be an asset.
- Very good knowledge of the essential elements of human resources activities and transactions.
- Very good knowledge of ERP corporate computerized administrative systems.
- Ability to draft correspondence.
- Initiative and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines in a team environment.
- Ability to guide and train other staff.
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- Basic knowledge of financial rules and regulations, and practical experience
- Working knowledge of other FAO official languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese)
- HR, Human Relations
- HR Manager, Head of HR
- HR Administration
- HR Generalist, Specialist
- 3-5 years professional experience
- High school degree
Required language level:
- English (intermediate / communication)
- Full time
How to apply/ contact information:
Application deadline: 7 May 2021.
To apply you have to push the „Jelentkezem” button, what you can find below.