Payroll Accounting Specialist position is open at our prestigious, worldwide-known multinational partner.
Responsible for the timely and accurate data input to payroll provider, according to the Cut off calendar.
Responsible to review and approve monthly payroll run that is in line with the legal requirements. Collaborate with other functions in order to secure timely payments, SOX evidence and finance reports.
This will include the provision of an expatriate payroll – ensuring any data requirements to 3rd party providers are complete to ensure all tax implications are considered and mitigated.
Supporting payroll specialist for Germany (as a back up) and Nordic region.
Supporting payroll manager with finance and treasury related tasks
Key Responsibilities & Scope for Decision Making
- Responsible for the accurate and timely provision of payroll.
- Ensures all data required to process payroll is provided to the outsourced provider.
- Checking, validating and reconciling all payroll data received from the outsourced provider ensuring that any necessary SOX checks are completed.
- Working with Deloitte to provide relevant data relating to expatriate employees to 3rd party providers for tax purposes and co-ordinating information exchange between 3rd parties (if applicable)
- Provide payroll data to third party providers (e.g. pensions), answering queries as and when necessary in a service focussed and timely manner.
- Assist Sony Europe Finance with month end balance sheet reconciliations and year-end activities pertaining to payroll.
- Ensure 100% SOX compliance
- Responsible for supporting the successful completion of any internal or external audits.
- Resolution of payroll data queries which arise from the outsourced payroll provider, escalating where appropriate to relevant individual, department or authority.
- Review the case queries assigned to them, understand the customer needs and request additional information through the Case Management Tool, if necessary.
- Reflect legislation changes and process changes in relevant working instructions and other documents
- Provide support for audit execution or any change initiatives within the company
- Provide support to the Payroll Manager with finance and treasury related tasks when needed.
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate calibre preferred
- Experience of working in a multi-national payroll or accounting, finance role
- Good knowledge of SOX processes
- Experience of working within a multi-cultural organisation
- Fluent in English and German
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.